- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- contemporary design
- latest in-room technology
- rooms can be a bit noisy
- high occupancy means rooms can wear out fast
Check Rates from our Partners
Renaissance Hotel Review
After a shift from all-business to a more design-centric approach, the Renaissance is enjoying a renaissance of its own. The lobby sort of feels like it's been designed for urban court jesters, with oversize furniture, curved, abstract sculptures, and dangling, filament-like sculpture. Rooms are comfortable, and decorated in soothing earth tones; bathrooms have mosaic tile showers. Though the hotel's R Lounge space is more about the view than the cuisine, they now serve a menu featuring items from the team behind Blue Ribbon restaurants.
- Address: 714 7th Ave., between W. 47th and W. 48th Sts. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/765–7676; 800/628–5222
- Website: www.renaissancehotels.com
- Subway: R to 49th St.; 1 to 50th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 305 rooms, 5 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
Heading up to NY next month just a month off of knee surgery. Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more