- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- gorgeous lobby
- commanding, impeccable location
- Cipriani access
- small check-in area
- rooms vary in taste and decor
- nonsuites are on the small side
- interior rooms lack views
- guests sometimes feel the cold shoulder from the full-time residents
Check Rates from our Partners
The Sherry-Netherland Review
The Sherry is a stately part of the New York landscape so it may come as a surprise to learn that it's essentially a tall, luxurious apartment building that also has 50 hotel rooms and suites. With a marble-lined lobby, crystal chandeliers, and wall friezes from the Vanderbilt mansion, the historic glamour is undeniable. The luxurious suites—reached via elevator operated by a white-gloved attendant—have separate living and dining areas. Many rooms have decorative fireplaces, antiques, and glorious marble baths. You can use the private hotel entrance to access Harry Cipriani's—come for lunch and you'll get some of the best people-watching in town.
- Address: 781 5th Ave., at E. 59th St. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/355–2800; 800/247–4377
- Website: www.sherrynetherland.com
- Subway: N, R, Q to 5th Ave.
- Location: Midtown East
- 26 rooms, 24 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
I'm currently in NYC and I just got the best transportation deal.I got a tour of NYC with a personal driver for a very inexpensive price.The driver was very knowledgeable and polite.If you are interested Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more