At a Glance
- gorgeous lobby
- commanding, impeccable location
- Cipriani access
- small check-in area
- rooms vary in taste and decor
- nonsuites are on the small side
- interior rooms lack views
- guests sometimes feel the cold shoulder from the full-time residents
Check Rates from our Partners
The Sherry-Netherland Review
The Sherry is a stately part of the New York landscape so it may come as a surprise to learn that it's essentially a tall, luxurious apartment building that also has 50 hotel rooms and suites. With a marble-lined lobby, crystal chandeliers, and wall friezes from the Vanderbilt mansion, the historic glamour is undeniable. The luxurious suites—reached via elevator operated by a white-gloved attendant—have separate living and dining areas. Many rooms have decorative fireplaces, antiques, and glorious marble baths. You can use the private hotel entrance to access Harry Cipriani's—come for lunch and you'll get some of the best people-watching in town.
- Address: 781 5th Ave., at E. 59th St., Midtown East, New York, NY, 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/355–2800; 800/247–4377
- Website: www.sherrynetherland.com
- Subway: N, R, Q to 5th Ave
- Location: Midtown East
- 26 rooms, 24 suites
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in New York City for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More