- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- gorgeous lobby
- commanding, impeccable location
- Cipriani access
- small check-in area
- rooms vary in taste and decor
- nonsuites are on the small side
- interior rooms lack views
- guests sometimes feel the cold shoulder from the full-time residents
Check Rates from our Partners
The Sherry-Netherland Review
The Sherry is a stately part of the New York landscape so it may come as a surprise to learn that it's essentially a tall, luxurious apartment building that also has 50 hotel rooms and suites. With a marble-lined lobby, crystal chandeliers, and wall friezes from the Vanderbilt mansion, the historic glamour is undeniable. The luxurious suites—reached via elevator operated by a white-gloved attendant—have separate living and dining areas. Many rooms have decorative fireplaces, antiques, and glorious marble baths. You can use the private hotel entrance to access Harry Cipriani's—come for lunch and you'll get some of the best people-watching in town.
- Address: 781 5th Ave., at E. 59th St. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/355–2800; 800/247–4377
- Website: www.sherrynetherland.com
- Subway: N, R, Q to 5th Ave.
- Location: Midtown East
- 26 rooms, 24 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
Heading up to NY next month just a month off of knee surgery. Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more