- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- apartment-style living
- large rooms
- good value
- kid- and pet-friendly
- Pricey Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
Affinia 50 Review
This popular hotel attracts business travelers but it's also comfortable for families or leisure travelers—especially the studios and suites, which have plenty of space to stretch out in, with full kitchens and a clean, playful design that incorporates oversize chairs and couches. The second-floor club lounge provides business services and board games for guest use. Those aren't the only quirky amenities, either: there's an "evening libation" reception with complimentary wine daily (sometimes paired with a game night), fruit and iced tea at reception, and a six-choice pillow menu. All rooms have a mini-refrigerator and microwave, and suites have countertop stoves.
- Address: 155 E. 50th St., at 3rd Ave. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/751–5710; 800/637–8483
- Website: www.affinia.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 151 rooms, 100 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more