- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- apartment-style living
- large rooms
- good value
- kid- and pet-friendly
- Pricey Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
Affinia 50 Review
This popular hotel attracts business travelers but it's also comfortable for families or leisure travelers—especially the studios and suites, which have plenty of space to stretch out in, with full kitchens and a clean, playful design that incorporates oversize chairs and couches. Renovations are scheduled for August 2013, which will effect the overall number of rooms.The second-floor club lounge provides business services and board games for guest use. Those aren't the only quirky amenities, either: there's an "evening cheer" reception with complimentary wine and cheese Monday through Thursday, fruit and iced tea at reception, and a six-choice pillow menu. All rooms have a mini-refrigerator and microwave, and suites have countertop stoves.
- Address: 155 E. 50th St., at 3rd Ave. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/751–5710; 800/637–8483
- Website: www.affinia.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 75 rooms, 134 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more