- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- apartment-style living
- large rooms
- good value
- kid- and pet-friendly
- Pricey Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
Affinia 50 Review
This popular hotel attracts business travelers but it's also comfortable for families or leisure travelers—especially the studios and suites, which have plenty of space to stretch out in, with full kitchens and a clean, playful design that incorporates oversize chairs and couches. Renovations are scheduled for August 2013, which will effect the overall number of rooms.The second-floor club lounge provides business services and board games for guest use. Those aren't the only quirky amenities, either: there's an "evening cheer" reception with complimentary wine and cheese Monday through Thursday, fruit and iced tea at reception, and a six-choice pillow menu. All rooms have a mini-refrigerator and microwave, and suites have countertop stoves.
- Address: 155 E. 50th St., at 3rd Ave., Midtown East, New York, NY, 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/751-5710; 800/637-8483
- Website: www.affinia.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington--3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 75 rooms, 134 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $191-$239 -- Midtown Manhattan Hotel incl. Fourth of July Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $38.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Someone please remind me how, if I start on the JFK airtrain to Jamaica Station, I think I took the E subway from there to connect somehow to a 1,2,3 uptown to 98th and Broadway...thanks Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more