- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- apartment-style living
- large rooms
- good value
- kid- and pet-friendly
- Pricey Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
Affinia 50 Review
This popular hotel attracts business travelers but it's also comfortable for families or leisure travelers—especially the studios and suites, which have plenty of space to stretch out in, with full kitchens and a clean, playful design that incorporates oversize chairs and couches. The second-floor club lounge provides business services and board games for guest use. Those aren't the only quirky amenities, either: there's an "evening libation" reception with complimentary wine daily (sometimes paired with a game night), fruit and iced tea at reception, and a six-choice pillow menu. All rooms have a mini-refrigerator and microwave, and suites have countertop stoves.
- Address: 155 E. 50th St., at 3rd Ave. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/751–5710; 800/637–8483
- Website: www.affinia.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 151 rooms, 100 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more