- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- fashionable, laid-back sophistication
- great service
- surprisingly discreet setting
- diverse eating and drinking options
- closer to Canal Street than prime SoHo
- rooms on small side
Check Rates from our Partners
SoHo Grand Review
The SoHo Grand defines what SoHo is today—once pioneering, now expensive, and with a vaguely creative vibe. When the Grand opened in 1996, it had been a century since a hotel had debuted in the neighborhood. Today, as new properties crowd the field, its low-key sophistication stands out ever more clearly. The Club Room serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily but the Parlor, the Club Room's back room, is reserved for hotel guests during the day and is an oasis of low-lying velvet sofas and deep cushioned leather armchairs, with a fireplace. Public spaces as well as guest rooms have an industrial-chic design to mimic the architecture of the neighborhood, though this can come across as spartan to some. Comfortable contemporary rooms are mainly focused on the view out the ample windows. A great seasonal pleasure is the Yard—a large outdoor space where you can have a drink or meal and then spread out on teak lounge chairs. The staff are professional, polished, and more experienced than you'll find at other fashionable hotels.
- Address: 310 West Broadway, at Grand St. SoHo, New York, NY 10013 | Map It
- Phone: 212/965–3000; 800/965–3000
- Website: www.sohogrand.com
- Subway: A, C, E, 6, J, M, N, Q, R to Canal St.
- Location: SoHo
- 341 rooms, 12 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
As a Christmas present, I'm going to take my daughter to NYC for four days in mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more