- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- fashionable, laid-back sophistication
- great service
- surprisingly discreet setting
- diverse eating and drinking options
- closer to Canal Street than prime SoHo
- rooms on small side
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
SoHo Grand Review
The SoHo Grand defines what SoHo is today—once pioneering, now expensive, and with a vaguely creative vibe. When the Grand opened in 1996, it had been a century since a hotel had debuted in the neighborhood. Today, as new properties crowd the field, its low-key sophistication stands out ever more clearly. The Club Room serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily but the Parlor, the Club Room's back room, is reserved for hotel guests during the day and is an oasis of low-lying velvet sofas and deep cushioned leather armchairs, with a fireplace. Public spaces as well as guest rooms have an industrial-chic design to mimic the architecture of the neighborhood, though this can come across as spartan to some. Comfortable contemporary rooms are mainly focused on the view out the ample windows. A great seasonal pleasure is the Yard—a large outdoor space where you can have a drink or meal and then spread out on teak lounge chairs. The staff are professional, polished, and more experienced than you'll find at other fashionable hotels.
- Address: 310 West Broadway, at Grand St., SoHo, New York, NY, 10013 | Map It
- Phone: 212/965-3000; 800/965-3000
- Website: www.sohogrand.com
- Subway: A, C, E, 6, J, M, N, Q, R to Canal St.
- Location: SoHo
- 341 rooms, 12 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Thanks in advance to all the people here who helped in the planning of this - both last year and this year! Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more