- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Carlton Hotel
At a Glance
- spectacular lobby
- stylish rooms
- expensive bar
- small rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
The Carlton Hotel Review
From the two-story lobby designed by David Rockwell to still-intact, original 1904 Beaux Arts details such as the stained-glass dome (created by workers from the Tiffany glass factory), a 40-foot ceiling in the lobby, and a soaring crystal chandelier, the Carlton is a refurbished gem. Rooms are small for the money—they start at 200 square feet—but make up for it with amenities and flair, including mahogany accents and free Wi-Fi. One snafu—the bathrooms, outfitted with swanky Molton Brown products, are underlit at best. Downstairs, the high-profile French restaurant Millesime, has generated a following.
- Address: 88 Madison Ave., between 28th and 29th Sts. Murray Hill, New York, NY 10016 | Map It
- Phone: 212/532–4100; 800/601–8500
- Website: www.carltonhotelny.com
- Subway: 6 to 28th St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 294 rooms, 23 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more