- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Chef Jonathan Waxman made a name for himself with his French-inspired California cuisine. Barbuto specializes in rustic preparations with bright flavors, like house-made duck sausage with creamy polenta, red-wine-braised short ribs, and pasta carbonara, though the menu changes daily, depending on what's available. The chef's acclaimed roasted chicken is usually on the menu in one form or another. The airy, sophisticated space continues to get busy so make a reservation. The restaurant is particularly pleasant in nice weather when the giant garage-door-like windows open onto the street and you can watch the neighborhood go by.
- Address: 775 Washington St., between Jane and W. 12th Sts. West Village, New York, NY 10014-1748 | Map It
- Phone: 212/924–9700
- Website: www.barbutonyc.com
- Subway: A, C, E, to 14th St.; L to 8th Ave.; 1 to Christopher St./Sheridan Sq.
- Location: West Village
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more