- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
70 Park Avenue
At a Glance
- complimentary evening wine reception
- polite service
- simple, not overdesigned rooms and hotel layout
- small rooms
- decor and art might not suit all tastes
Check Rates from our Partners
70 Park Avenue Review
A multimillion-dollar refresh in 2012 brought new life to this Midtown business-traveler favorite, infusing the lobby and rooms with a bright color palette and modern furniture. In the common area, done in shades of silver and purple, you'll find people parked with their laptops and iPads for hours—there are also a couple of hotel laptops set out for guest use, too. Some suites have hot tubs and terraces with Empire State Building views. Silverleaf Tavern serves modern-American small plates, and the bar is comfortable even if you're alone. It all makes for a good choice in this quiet neighborhood a couple of blocks from Grand Central.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more