- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hotel on Rivington
At a Glance
- cool location and vibe
- huge windows with wonderful New York views
- many rooms have balconies
- seriously luxurious bathrooms
- feels clubby on weekends
- isolated from some subway lines
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel on Rivington Review
A pioneer when it opened back in 2004, this glass-walled hotel on the Lower East Side is still a great choice if you want to be in the thick of the neighborhood's dining and nightlife scene. Though the red-floored, honeycomb-like entrance may feel over the top, rooms are minimalist, neutral-toned refuged —the stunning views through floor-to-ceiling windows are all the adornment you need. Huge bathrooms have either Japanese-inspired deep soaking tubs or over-sized steam showers. The mezzanine lobby is the living room of the hotel, with complimentary coffee and wine, plush couches, and a billiard table. On the ground floor is CO-Op Food & Drink, the hotel's latest in-house eatery.
- Address: 107 Rivington St., between Ludlow and Essex Sts. Lower East Side, New York, NY 10002 | Map It
- Phone: 212/475–2600; 800/915–1537
- Website: www.hotelonrivington.com
- Subway: F, J, M, Z to Delancey/Essex Sts.
- Location: Lower East Side
- 88 rooms, 20 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more