- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hotel on Rivington
At a Glance
- cool location and vibe
- huge windows with wonderful New York views
- many rooms have balconies
- seriously luxurious bathrooms
- feels clubby on weekends
- isolated from some subway lines
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel on Rivington Review
A pioneer when it opened back in 2004, this glass-walled hotel on the Lower East Side is still a great choice if you want to be in the thick of the neighborhood's dining and nightlife scene. Though the red-floored, honeycomb-like entrance may feel over the top, rooms are minimalist, neutral-toned refuged —the stunning views through floor-to-ceiling windows are all the adornment you need. Huge bathrooms have either Japanese-inspired deep soaking tubs or over-sized steam showers. The mezzanine lobby is the living room of the hotel, with complimentary coffee and wine, plush couches, and a billiard table. On the ground floor is CO-Op Food & Drink, the hotel's latest in-house eatery.
- Address: 107 Rivington St., between Ludlow and Essex Sts. Lower East Side, New York, NY 10002 | Map It
- Phone: 212/475–2600; 800/915–1537
- Website: www.hotelonrivington.com
- Subway: F, J, M, Z to Delancey/Essex Sts.
- Location: Lower East Side
- 88 rooms, 20 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more