- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hotel on Rivington
At a Glance
- cool location and vibe
- huge windows with wonderful New York views
- many rooms have balconies
- feels like a club on weekends
- spotty service
- small rooms and suites
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel on Rivington Review
A pioneer when it opened back in 2004, this glass-walled hotel on the Lower East Side is still a go-to choice, especially if being in the thick of the neighborhood's nightlife and dining action is a priority. If the red-floored, honeycomb-like lobby feels over the top, rooms offer a minimalist, neutral-tone refuge with little adornment—then again the stunning downtown views are all the artwork you really need. Accommodations with exterior-facing bathrooms aren't for the modest or faint of heart—you'll either want to shower with your glasses off, or you'll blush at being completely naked before the entire city (privacy screens can be requested). Downstairs, the hotel bar can provide velvet-roped mayhem on weekends. (Staying here also gives you access to Victor & Spoils, a small VIP lounge next door.) The bar–art–library–billiard room on the mezzanine is a hangout you can call your own, and CO-OP Food & Drink, the hotel's latest attempt at a successful in-house eatery, seems to be taking hold nicely.
- Address: 107 Rivington St., between Ludlow and Essex Sts. Lower East Side, New York, NY 10002 | Map It
- Phone: 212/475–2600; 800/915–1537
- Website: www.hotelonrivington.com
- Subway: F, J, M, Z to Delancey/Essex Sts.
- Location: Lower East Side
- 91 rooms, 17 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more