- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Westin New York at Times Square
At a Glance
- central for Midtown attractions
- big rooms
- great gym
- congested area near Port Authority
- small bathroom sinks
- some rooms need to be refreshed
Check Rates from our Partners
Westin New York at Times Square Review
This giant Midtown hotel has all the amenities and service you would expect from a reliable brand, at fairly reasonable prices, though without much style. Rooms are generic but comfortable, with coffeemakers, iPod docks, 24-hour room service, and a spacious work desk. For even more comfort, rooms on the spa floor come with massage chairs, aromatherapy candles, and other pampering pleasures. The gym is impressive, and includes Wii Fit and concierge-arranged running tours throughout the city. The huge lobby gets crowded during busy check-in and check-out times. The Westin has several dining and drinking options, including the pricey Shula's Steakhouse, its corresponding "No Name" bar, and Bar 10.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more