- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Westin New York at Times Square
At a Glance
- central for Midtown attractions
- big rooms
- great gym
- congested area near Port Authority
- small bathroom sinks
- some rooms need to be refreshed
Check Rates from our Partners
Westin New York at Times Square Review
This giant Midtown hotel has all the amenities and service you would expect from a reliable brand, at fairly reasonable prices, though without much style. Rooms are generic but comfortable, with coffeemakers, iPod docks, 24-hour room service, and a spacious work desk. For even more comfort, rooms on the spa floor come with massage chairs, aromatherapy candles, and other pampering pleasures. The gym is impressive, and includes Wii Fit and concierge-arranged running tours throughout the city. The huge lobby gets crowded during busy check-in and check-out times. The Westin has several dining and drinking options, including the pricey Shula's Steakhouse, its corresponding "No Name" bar, and Bar 10.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more