- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Westin New York at Times Square
At a Glance
- central for Midtown attractions
- big rooms
- great gym
- congested area near Port Authority
- small bathroom sinks
- some rooms need to be refreshed
Check Rates from our Partners
Westin New York at Times Square Review
This giant Midtown hotel has all the amenities and service you would expect from a reliable brand, at fairly reasonable prices, though without much style. Rooms are generic but comfortable, with coffeemakers, iPod docks, 24-hour room service, and a spacious work desk. For even more comfort, rooms on the spa floor come with massage chairs, aromatherapy candles, and other pampering pleasures. Though it costs a pesky $10 for entry, the gym is impressive, and includes Wii Fit and concierge-arranged running tours throughout the city. The huge lobby gets crowded during busy check-in and check-out times. The Westin has several dining and drinking options, including the pricey Shula's Steakhouse, its corresponding "No Name" bar, and Bar 10.
- Address: 270 W. 43rd St., at 8th Ave. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/201–2700; 866/837–4183
- Website: www.westinny.com
- Subway: A, C, E to 42nd St./Times Sq.
- Location: Midtown West
- 834 rooms, 29 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more