- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
New York Aquarium
New York Aquarium Review
New York City's only aquarium is also the nation's oldest but the New York Aquarium was hit hard by Hurricane Sandy in 2012 and is still recovering. As of early 2014 many exhibits were still closed but the park is still open year-round, with the Aquatheater open and animal feedings still take place (check the schedules). There are exciting plans for rebuilding and expansion. Admission prices have been adjusted during the process.
- Address: 502 Surf Ave., at W. 8th St. Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY 11224 | Map It
- Phone: 718/265–3474
- Cost: $9.95
- Hours: Sept.–May, 10–4:30, June–Sept., 10–6
- Website: www.nyaquarium.com
- Subway: F, Q to W. 8th St.; N, D to Coney Island–Stillwell Ave.
- Location: Coney Island and Brighton Beach
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more