- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
New York Aquarium
New York Aquarium Review
New York City's only aquarium is also the nation's oldest but the New York Aquarium was hit hard by Hurricane Sandy in 2012 and is still recovering. As of early 2014 many exhibits were still closed but the park is still open year-round, with the Aquatheater open and animal feedings still take place (check the schedules). There are exciting plans for rebuilding and expansion. Admission prices have been adjusted during the process.
- Address: 502 Surf Ave., at W. 8th St. Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY 11224 | Map It
- Phone: 718/265–3474
- Cost: $9.95
- Hours: Sept.–May, 10–4:30, June–Sept., 10–6
- Website: www.nyaquarium.com
- Subway: F, Q to W. 8th St.; N, D to Coney Island–Stillwell Ave.
- Location: Coney Island and Brighton Beach
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more