- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
New York Aquarium
New York Aquarium Review
New York City's only aquarium is also the nation's oldest but the New York Aquarium was hit hard by Hurricane Sandy in 2012 and is still recovering. As of early 2014 many exhibits were still closed but the park is still open year-round, with the Aquatheater open and animal feedings still take place (check the schedules). There are exciting plans for rebuilding and expansion. Admission prices have been adjusted during the process.
- Address: 502 Surf Ave., at W. 8th St. Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY 11224 | Map It
- Phone: 718/265–3474
- Cost: $9.95
- Hours: Sept.–May, 10–4:30, June–Sept., 10–6
- Website: www.nyaquarium.com
- Subway: F, Q to W. 8th St.; N, D to Coney Island–Stillwell Ave.
- Location: Coney Island and Brighton Beach
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
I'm currently in NYC and I just got the best transportation deal.I got a tour of NYC with a personal driver for a very inexpensive price.The driver was very knowledgeable and polite.If you are interested Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more