- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Studio Museum in Harlem
Studio Museum in Harlem Review
Contemporary art by African-American, Caribbean, and African artists is the focus of this small museum with a light-filled sculpture garden. Recent exhibits included Gordon Parks: A Harlem Family 1967, documenting the life of the Fontenelle family, who Parks photographed for Life magazine, and the science fiction-inspired Robert Pruitt: Women. Three artists in residence present their works each year. The gift shop is small but packs a lot of punch; don't miss its fantastic collection of coffee table books.
- Address: 144 W. 125th St., between Lenox Ave. and Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd. Harlem, New York, NY 10027 | Map It
- Phone: 212/864–4500
- Cost: $7 suggested donation, free on Sun.
- Hours: Thurs. and Fri. noon–9, Sat. 10–6, Sun. noon–6
- Website: www.studiomuseum.org
- Subway: 2, 3 to 125th St.
- Location: Harlem
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more