- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Deno's Wonder Wheel Amusement Park
Deno's Wonder Wheel Amusement Park Review
You'll get a wide perspective from atop the 150-foot-tall Wonder Wheel at Deno's Amusement Park. The Wonder Wheel was built in 1920 and although it appears tame, the swinging cars will quicken your heart rate. There are plenty of rides to amuse the kids at this park, which sits just beside the famed Cyclone.
- Address: 3059 Denos Vourderis Pl., at W. 12th St. Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY 11224 | Map It
- Phone: 718/372–2592
- Cost: $7 per ride, 4 rides for $25
- Hours: Memorial Day–Labor Day, daily 11 am–midnight; Apr., May, Sept., and Oct., weekends noon–9
- Website: www.wonderwheel.com
- Subway: D, F, N, Q to Coney Island–Stillwell Ave.
- Location: Coney Island and Brighton Beach
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more