- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Deno's Wonder Wheel Amusement Park
Deno's Wonder Wheel Amusement Park Review
You'll get a wide perspective from atop the 150-foot-tall Wonder Wheel at Deno's Amusement Park. The Wonder Wheel was built in 1920 and although it appears tame, the swinging cars will quicken your heart rate. There are plenty of rides to amuse the kids at this park, which sits just beside the famed Cyclone.
- Address: 3059 Denos Vourderis Pl., at W. 12th St. Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY 11224 | Map It
- Phone: 718/372–2592
- Cost: $7 per ride, 4 rides for $25
- Hours: Memorial Day–Labor Day, daily 11 am–midnight; Apr., May, Sept., and Oct., weekends noon–9
- Website: www.wonderwheel.com
- Subway: D, F, N, Q to Coney Island–Stillwell Ave.
- Location: Coney Island and Brighton Beach
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Hi We're visiting New York from Australia for the first time in June 2014 and we need advice as to where to stay. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more