- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- all suites have kitchens
- good service
- on-site fitness facilities
- cramped lobby
- small bathrooms
- expensive Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
The Alex Review
Often overlooked in a part of the city that's heavy with office buildings, the Alex is a sleek little oasis of style on Manhattan's East Side. This David Rockwell–designed property is all about the brand names, especially in the suites. You'll see Sub-Zero fridges, Poggenpohl cabinets, and kitchenettes with Gaggenau stove tops and Miele dishwashers. All guest rooms and suites have flat-screen TVs, including one in the bathroom, and the posh beds come with Frette linens and hypoallergenic pillows. The result is quiet, calm rooms—only the subpar views could be said to intrude. The Atrium restaurant serves three meals a day and also provides room service.
- Address: 205 E. 45th St., between 2nd and 3rd Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/867–5100
- Website: www.thealexhotel.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, 7, S to 42nd St./Grand Central.
- Location: Midtown East
- 73 rooms, 130 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more