- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Check Rates from our Partners
Mandarin Oriental Review
The Mandarin's commitment to excess is evident in the lobby, on the 35th floor of the Time Warner Center, where dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows look out over Columbus Circle and Central Park. Guest rooms are outfitted with silk throws on plush beds, comfy robes, and windowside chaise longue for admiring the skyline. It's the suites, though, that really set the Mandarin apart, by giving the Asian-influenced decor enough space to truly dazzle. The swimming pool is one of the city's best, with panoramic Hudson River views; and the spa, with a menu of lush treatments based on traditional Chinese medicine, is a destination for hotel guests and New Yorkers alike.
Above the bustling Time Warner Center, starting on the 35th floor, the Mandarin provides a serenely insulated perch for viewing the city. Rooms are a sumptuous treat, with silk throws, plush beds, and marble-clad baths. The swimming pool is one of the city's best, with panoramic Hudson River views. Spa treatments here cover an international menu of massage styles.
- Address: 80 Columbus Circle, at 60th St. Midtown West, New York, NY 10023 | Map It
- Phone: 212/805–8800
- Website: www.mandarinoriental.com/newyork
- Subway: A, B, C, D, 1 to 59th St./Columbus Circle.
- Location: Midtown West
- 198 rooms, 46 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Hi We're visiting New York from Australia for the first time in June 2014 and we need advice as to where to stay. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more