- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Mandarin Oriental Review
The Mandarin's lobby, 280 feet above ground on the Time Warner Center's 35th floor, features dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows, setting the tone for the rest of the luxurious hotel experience. From two wonderful lounges and the restaurant, Asiate, you can soak in expansive views above Columbus Circle and Central Park. In the guest rooms, silk throws abound on plush beds, and the marble-clad bathrooms (with both soaking tubs and separate stall showers) prove the Mandarin's commitment to excess. Rooms also have a windowside chaise longue for kicking back in particularly comfy robes and admiring the skyline. Suites, however, are really what set this hotel apart, by creating enough stage space to make the hotel's Asian-influenced decor really dazzle. The swimming pool is one of the city's best in a hotel, with panoramic Hudson River views; and the spa, with a menu of lush treatments based on traditional Chinese medicine, is a destination for hotel guests and New Yorkers alike. If the $42 Japanese or $32 All American breakfast options are too steep, consider a pastry from Thomas Keller's Bouchon Bakery or the Whole Foods buffet in the Time Warner Center instead.
Above the bustling Time Warner Center, starting on the 35th floor, the Mandarin provides a serenely insulated perch for viewing the city. Rooms are a sumptuous treat, with silk throws, plush beds, and marble-clad baths. The swimming pool is one of the city's best, with panoramic Hudson River views. Spa treatments here cover an international menu of massage styles.
- Address: 80 Columbus Circle, at 60th St., Midtown West, New York, NY, 10023 | Map It
- Phone: 212/805-8800
- Website: www.mandarinoriental.com/newyork
- Subway: A, B, C, D, 1 to 59th St./Columbus Circle.
- Location: Midtown West
- 198 rooms, 46 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more