- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Gansevoort Review
Though the nearby Standard New York has stolen some of its thunder, there's plenty to draw guests to this chic Meatpacking District pioneer, starting with the sleek rooms that overlook the city or the Hudson River and the rooftop deck with a 45-foot heated pool that remains a draw for locals and tourists alike. Rooms continue the exuberant style, with a vibrant color scheme of fuchsia, plum, and gold, and either floor-to-ceiling or wall-to-wall photography/artwork. Toy Oyster & Sushi Bar in the hotel serves Chinese fusion fare.
The Gansevoort—a glamorous, aloof beacon in the trendy Meatpacking District of New York City—is known for having a constant pool party on its rooftop deck (during summer only, of course). The terrace is the place to be in the city, with its free breakfast, heated 45-foot pool, myriad terraces, and swank lounge area. A superb choice for urban poolside lounging.
- Address: 18 9th Ave., at 13th St. Meatpacking District, New York, NY 10014 | Map It
- Phone: 212/206–6700
- Website: www.hotelgansevoort.com
- Subway: A, C, E, L to 14th St. and 8th Ave.
- Location: Meatpacking District
- 165 rooms, 21 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more