- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Check Rates from our Partners
Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC Review
Though the nearby Standard New York has stolen some of its thunder, there's plenty to draw guests to this chic Meatpacking District pioneer, starting with the sleek rooms that overlook the city or the Hudson River and the rooftop deck with a 45-foot heated pool that remains a draw for locals and tourists alike. Rooms continue the exuberant style, with a vibrant color scheme of fuchsia, plum, and gold, and either floor-to-ceiling or wall-to-wall photography/artwork. Toy Oyster & Sushi Bar in the hotel serves Chinese fusion fare.
The Gansevoort—a glamorous, aloof beacon in the trendy Meatpacking District of New York City—is known for having a constant pool party on its rooftop deck (during summer only, of course). The terrace is the place to be in the city, with its free breakfast, heated 45-foot pool, myriad terraces, and swank lounge area. A superb choice for urban poolside lounging.
- Address: 18 9th Ave., at 13th St. Meatpacking District, New York, NY 10014 | Map It
- Phone: 212/206–6700
- Website: www.hotelgansevoort.com
- Subway: A, C, E, L to 14th St. and 8th Ave.
- Location: Meatpacking District
- 165 rooms, 21 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Hi We're visiting New York from Australia for the first time in June 2014 and we need advice as to where to stay. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more