- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Gansevoort Review
Though the nearby Standard New York has stolen some of its thunder, there's plenty to draw guests to this chic Meatpacking District pioneer, starting with the sleek rooms that overlook the city or the Hudson River and the rooftop deck with a 45-foot heated pool that remains a draw for locals and tourists alike. Rooms continue the exuberant style, with a vibrant color scheme of fuchsia, plum, and gold, and either floor-to-ceiling or wall-to-wall photography/artwork. Toy Oyster & Sushi Bar in the hotel serves Chinese fusion fare.
The Gansevoort—a glamorous, aloof beacon in the trendy Meatpacking District of New York City—is known for having a constant pool party on its rooftop deck (during summer only, of course). The terrace is the place to be in the city, with its free breakfast, heated 45-foot pool, myriad terraces, and swank lounge area. A superb choice for urban poolside lounging.
- Address: 18 9th Ave., at 13th St.Meatpacking District, New York, NY 10014 | Map It
- Phone: 212/206-6700
- Website: www.hotelgansevoort.com
- Subway: A, C, E, L to 14th St. and 8th Ave.
- Location: Meatpacking District
- 165 rooms, 21 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $298-$335 -- NYC: Weekends at Stylish Midtown Hotel, 20% Off Sofitel New York
- $179 & up -- NYC Marriott Hotels thru August, 35% Off Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $48.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off — $204-$228 InterContinental New York Barclay
Warning - this is pretty long!
My sister (60, from Rhode Island) and I (56, from Florida) decided it would be fun to spend Memorial Day weekend in New York City, specifically in Manhattan. She had bee Read more
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
I have posted this before but the time is closely arriving. Read more
· News & Features
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the... Read more