- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Gansevoort Review
Though the nearby Standard New York has stolen some of its thunder, there's plenty to draw guests to this chic Meatpacking District pioneer, starting with the sleek rooms that overlook the city or the Hudson River and the rooftop deck with a 45-foot heated pool that remains a draw for locals and tourists alike. Rooms continue the exuberant style, with a vibrant color scheme of fuchsia, plum, and gold, and either floor-to-ceiling or wall-to-wall photography/artwork. Toy Oyster & Sushi Bar in the hotel serves Chinese fusion fare.
The Gansevoort—a glamorous, aloof beacon in the trendy Meatpacking District of New York City—is known for having a constant pool party on its rooftop deck (during summer only, of course). The terrace is the place to be in the city, with its free breakfast, heated 45-foot pool, myriad terraces, and swank lounge area. A superb choice for urban poolside lounging.
- Address: 18 9th Ave., at 13th St. Meatpacking District, New York, NY 10014 | Map It
- Phone: 212/206–6700
- Website: www.hotelgansevoort.com
- Subway: A, C, E, L to 14th St. and 8th Ave.
- Location: Meatpacking District
- 165 rooms, 21 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
As a Christmas present, I'm going to take my daughter to NYC for four days in mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more