- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
MoMA PS1 Review
A pioneer in the "alternative-space" movement, PS1 rose from the ruins of an abandoned school in 1976 as a sort of community arts center for the future. MoMA PS1 focuses on the work of currently active experimental and innovative artists. Long-term installations include work by Sol LeWitt and Pipilotti Rist. Every available corner of the enormous 100-room building is used; discover art not only in galleries but also on the rooftop, in the boiler room, and even in some bathrooms. Also inside the museum is M. Wells Dinette, a cafe designed to resemble a school classroom, with daily specials lining the chalkboard and lunch served at your "desk."On summer Saturdays, MoMA PS1 presents "Warm Up", an outdoor dance party series attracting a hip art-school crowd that's held in the courtyard from noon–9. Similarly, their "Sunday Sessions" are held in the Dome and feature various artistic installations, scholarly lectures, and special performances.
- Address: 22–25 Jackson Ave., at 46th Ave. Long Island City, Queens, NY 11101 | Map It
- Phone: 718/784–2084
- Cost: $10, free with MoMA entrance ticket (within 14 days of visit); Warm Up admission $15 in advance, $18 at the door
- Hours: Thurs.–Mon. noon–6
- Website: www.momaps1.org
- Subway: 7 to Court Sq.; E, M to Court Square–23 St.; G to 21st St.
- Location: Queens
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more