- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park
At a Glance
- excellent service
- best base for downtown exploring
- pet- and kid-friendly
- Liberty views
- removed from Midtown tourist sights
- limited nighttime activities
- few neighborhood options for dining and entertainment
Check Rates from our Partners
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park Review
If you're staying this far downtown, the Ritz is your top choice. The hotel provides the classic Ritz-Carlton experience—you'll be greeted by at least one staffer each time you walk into the lobby—and the large rooms offer sweeping views of the New York harbor. West-facing rooms, with views of the Statue of Liberty, come with telescopes. The neighborhood is very quiet, especially at night, so you won't get much of a feel for the buzz of NYC. There's steakhouse fare at 2 West and a spa with French Carita products.
Situated in lower Manhattan along the peaceful waterfront, this classic Ritz-Carlton hotel provides big rooms with serene views. Guests can cocoon themselves in featherbeds while ordering 24-hour room service. The staff also offers a bath butler who will fill your tub with anything from rose petals to rubber duckies. A full-service spa keeps the public space just as pampering.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more