- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park
At a Glance
- excellent service
- best base for downtown exploring
- pet- and kid-friendly
- Liberty views
- removed from Midtown tourist sights
- limited nighttime activities
- few neighborhood options for dining and entertainment
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park Review
If you're staying this far downtown, the Ritz is your top choice. The hotel provides the classic Ritz-Carlton experience—you'll be greeted by at least one staffer each time you walk into the lobby—and the large rooms boast sweeping views of the New York harbor. West-facing rooms, with views of the Statue of Liberty, come with telescopes. The neighborhood is very quiet, especially at night, so you won't get much of a feel for the buzz of NYC. There's steakhouse fare at 2 West and a spa with French Carita products.
Situated in lower Manhattan along the peaceful waterfront, this classic Ritz-Carlton hotel provides big rooms with serene views. Guests can cocoon themselves in featherbeds while ordering 24-hour room service. The staff also offers a bath butler who will fill your tub with anything from rose petals to rubber duckies. A full-service spa keeps the public space just as pampering.
- Address: 2 West St., at Battery Park, TriBeCa, New York, NY, 10004 | Map It
- Phone: 212/344-0800; 800/241-3333
- Website: www.ritzcarlton.com/batterypark
- Subway: 1, R, J to Rector St.
- Location: TriBeCa
- 259 rooms, 39 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $191-$239 -- Midtown Manhattan Hotel incl. Fourth of July Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $38.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Someone please remind me how, if I start on the JFK airtrain to Jamaica Station, I think I took the E subway from there to connect somehow to a 1,2,3 uptown to 98th and Broadway...thanks Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more