- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- hip lobby scene
- luxurious beds and bathrooms
- helpful service
- dark hallways
- lighting verges on eye-strainingly dim
Check Rates from our Partners
The Royalton Review
Back in the 1990s, the Royalton's lobby bar was one of the prime meeting spots for local A-listers and a redesign now attracts a new generation of movers and shakers—so be prepared to run the gauntlet of the buzzing lounge before reaching your room—but the helpful staff ensures the process goes smoothly. Updated guest rooms, designed by Charlotte Macaux, are comfortably sleek and elegantly outfitted with atmospheric lighting, fresh flowers, and candles changed daily. Some rooms have working fireplaces; there are plasma-screen TVs and iPads in every room. Luxe bathrooms have huge circular Roman soaking tubs and rainfall showers. The restaurant Forty Four is a solid locale for a quick bite, with a menu of global small plates and fancy cocktails.
- Address: 44 W. 44th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/869–4400; 800/697–1791
- Website: www.royaltonhotel.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M to 42nd St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 141 rooms, 27 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more