- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- hip lobby scene
- luxurious beds and bathrooms
- helpful service
- dark hallways
- lighting verges on eye-strainingly dim
Check Rates from our Partners
The Royalton Review
Back in the 1990s, the Royalton's lobby bar was one of the prime meeting spots for local A-listers and a redesign now attracts a new generation of movers and shakers—so be prepared to run the gauntlet of the buzzing lounge before reaching your room—but the helpful staff ensures the process goes smoothly. Updated guest rooms, designed by Charlotte Macaux, are comfortably sleek and elegantly outfitted with atmospheric lighting, fresh flowers, and candles changed daily. Some rooms have working fireplaces; there are plasma-screen TVs and iPads in every room. Luxe bathrooms have huge circular Roman soaking tubs and rainfall showers. The restaurant Forty Four is a solid locale for a quick bite, with a menu of global small plates and fancy cocktails.
- Address: 44 W. 44th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/869–4400; 800/697–1791
- Website: www.royaltonhotel.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M to 42nd St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 141 rooms, 27 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more