- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- hip lobby scene
- luxurious beds and bathrooms
- helpful service
- dark hallways
- lighting verges on eye-strainingly dim
Check Rates from our Partners
The Royalton Review
Back in the 1990s, the Royalton's lobby bar was one of the prime meeting spots for local A-listers and a redesign now attracts a new generation of movers and shakers—so be prepared to run the gauntlet of the buzzing lounge before reaching your room—but the helpful staff ensures the process goes smoothly. Updated guest rooms, designed by Charlotte Macaux, are comfortably sleek and elegantly outfitted with atmospheric lighting, fresh flowers, and candles changed daily. Some rooms have working fireplaces; there are plasma-screen TVs and iPads in every room. Luxe bathrooms have huge circular Roman soaking tubs and rainfall showers. The restaurant Forty Four is a solid locale for a quick bite, with a menu of global small plates and fancy cocktails.
- Address: 44 W. 44th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/869–4400; 800/697–1791
- Website: www.royaltonhotel.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M to 42nd St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 141 rooms, 27 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more