- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Park South Hotel
At a Glance
- free breakfast and Internet
- turndown service
- good value
- rooms can feel a bit worn
- small rooms and bathrooms
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Park South Hotel Review
In this beautifully transformed 1906 office building, rooms feel smartly contemporary, though they've retained some period details; request one that doesn't overlook noisy 27th Street and isn't too close to the bar on the ground floor—ask instead for a view of the Chrysler Building. Historic New York flavor is the design focus in the mezzanine library, with black-and-white photos of city scenes from the 1880s through 1950s. The Black Duck bar and restaurant is a good standby and especially appealing in winter with its wood-burning fireplace, though there are plenty of excellent Indian restaurants just around the corner. The Murray Hill location may disappoint hipster guests.
- Address: 124 E. 28th St., between Lexington and Park Aves., Flatiron District, New York, NY, 10016 | Map It
- Phone: 212/448-0888; 800/315-4642
- Website: www.parksouthhotel.com
- Subway: 6 to 28th St.
- Location: Flatiron District
- 139 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $20.95 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $38.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
so i'm going to NYC in june and i'm coming in through penn station and going to be going to 373 fifth avenue around 3 pm and i was wondering how hard it would be to get a cab to the hotel from penn station. Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason. ... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more