- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Park South Hotel
At a Glance
- free breakfast and Internet
- turndown service
- good value
- some noisy rooms
- small rooms and bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Park South Hotel Review
In this beautifully transformed 1906 office building, rooms feel smartly contemporary, though they've retained some period details; request one that doesn't overlook noisy 27th Street and isn't too close to the bar on the ground floor—ask instead for a view of the Chrysler Building. Historic New York flavor is the design focus in the mezzanine library, with black-and-white photos of city scenes from the 1880s through 1950s. The Black Duck bar and restaurant is a good standby and especially appealing in winter with its wood-burning fireplace, though there are plenty of excellent Indian restaurants just around the corner. The Murray Hill location may disappoint hipster guests.
- Address: 124 E. 28th St., between Lexington and Park Aves. Flatiron District, New York, NY 10016 | Map It
- Phone: 212/448–0888; 800/315–4642
- Website: www.parksouthhotel.com
- Subway: 6 to 28th St.
- Location: Flatiron District
- 128 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more