- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Park South Hotel
At a Glance
- free breakfast and Internet
- turndown service
- good value
- rooms can feel a bit worn
- small rooms and bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Park South Hotel Review
In this beautifully transformed 1906 office building, rooms feel smartly contemporary, though they've retained some period details; request one that doesn't overlook noisy 27th Street and isn't too close to the bar on the ground floor—ask instead for a view of the Chrysler Building. Historic New York flavor is the design focus in the mezzanine library, with black-and-white photos of city scenes from the 1880s through 1950s. The Black Duck bar and restaurant is a good standby and especially appealing in winter with its wood-burning fireplace, though there are plenty of excellent Indian restaurants just around the corner. The Murray Hill location may disappoint hipster guests.
- Address: 124 E. 28th St., between Lexington and Park Aves. Flatiron District, New York, NY 10016 | Map It
- Phone: 212/448–0888; 800/315–4642
- Website: www.parksouthhotel.com
- Subway: 6 to 28th St.
- Location: Flatiron District
- 139 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more