- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Park South Hotel
At a Glance
- free breakfast and Internet
- turndown service
- good value
- some noisy rooms
- small rooms and bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Park South Hotel Review
In this beautifully transformed 1906 office building, rooms feel smartly contemporary, though they've retained some period details; request one that doesn't overlook noisy 27th Street and isn't too close to the bar on the ground floor—ask instead for a view of the Chrysler Building. Historic New York flavor is the design focus in the mezzanine library, with black-and-white photos of city scenes from the 1880s through 1950s. The Black Duck bar and restaurant is a good standby and especially appealing in winter with its wood-burning fireplace, though there are plenty of excellent Indian restaurants just around the corner. The Murray Hill location may disappoint hipster guests.
- Address: 124 E. 28th St., between Lexington and Park Aves. Flatiron District, New York, NY 10016 | Map It
- Phone: 212/448–0888; 800/315–4642
- Website: www.parksouthhotel.com
- Subway: 6 to 28th St.
- Location: Flatiron District
- 128 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more