- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- supercentral for SoHo nightlife
- good gym
- some rooms have balconies
- not family-oriented
- no pets allowed
Check Rates from our Partners
60 Thompson Review
This hotel may no longer be the center of the universe scene-wise, but that's a blessing for guests, since the service (and the staffs' attitudes) have improved. This was the first of the Thompson hotels in New York and it might still be the gold standard. The rooftop lounge, A60, remains a guests- and members-only warm-weather haven for hipsters. Thom bar, the second-floor lobby, is a dark space filled with contemporary art, great for whiling away an evening. Rooms have a dramatic, spare design; the generous use of dark woods and full-wall leather headboards give the rooms welcoming warmth.
- Address: 60 Thompson St., between Broome and Spring Sts. SoHo, New York, NY 10012 | Map It
- Phone: 212/431–0400; 877/431–0400
- Website: www.thompsonhotels.com
- Subway: C, E to Spring St.
- Location: SoHo
- 97 rooms, 10 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more