- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- supercentral for SoHo nightlife
- good gym
- some rooms have balconies
- not family-oriented
- no pets allowed
Check Rates from our Partners
60 Thompson Review
It may no longer be the center of the universe, scene-wise, but that's been a blessing for guests at 60 Thompson, improving the service and toning down the attitude of hotel staffers. This was the first of the Thompson hotels in New York and it might still be the gold standard. Kittichai, the chic Thai restaurant on the ground floor, has patio dining, a gold-suffused bar, and good-looking servers. The rooftop lounge, A60, remains a guests- and members-only warm-weather haven for hipsters. Thom bar, the second-floor lobby, is a dark space filled with contemporary art, great for whiling away an evening. Rooms have a dramatic, spare design; the generous use of dark woods and full-wall leather headboards give the rooms welcoming warmth.
- Address: 60 Thompson St., between Broome and Spring Sts. SoHo, New York, NY 10012 | Map It
- Phone: 212/431–0400; 877/431–0400
- Website: www.thompsonhotels.com
- Subway: C, E to Spring St.
- Location: SoHo
- 100 rooms, 10 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
As a Christmas present, I'm going to take my daughter to NYC for four days in mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more