- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
W Times Square
At a Glance
- bustling nightlife and happy-hour scene
- sleek rooms
- if you want quiet, head elsewhere
- no bathtubs in the smaller rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
W Times Square Review
Although it opened back in 2001, the W Times Square still stands out in the the craziness of Times Square, thanks to its iconic, 57-story exterior—and if you want to be in the thick of the action, this is a fun place to stay. Rooms are small but sophisticated, with pink and purple accents, hideaway cabinets, fantastic platform featherbeds, and sleek bathrooms. The more expensive rooms on the higher floors have impressive views to the west over the Hudson River. Blue Fin, the sushi restaurant, and the Living Room bar remain popular, if pricey offshoots of the eighth-floor lobby, which is always flooded with activity.
- Address: 1567 Broadway, at W. 47th St. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/930–7400; 877/946–8357
- Website: www.whotels.com
- Subway: 1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, S to 42nd St./Times Sq.
- Location: Midtown West
- 466 rooms, 43 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more