- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Bryant Park Hotel
At a Glance
- gorgeous building
- fashionable crowd and setting
- across from Bryant Park
- free Wi-Fi
- Cellar Bar frequently booked for events
Check Rates from our Partners
Bryant Park Hotel Review
A New York landmark that towers over the New York Public Library and Bryant Park, this sleek hotel is still a Midtown hot spot. Rooms have padded leather headboards with decorative bolster pillows and marble bathrooms with a rainfall showerhead and Molton Brown products. Despite the trendiness, the rooms themselves are actually bigger than average, though lower floors tend to be a bit dark and don't have great views. Both the Koi restaurant and Cellar Bar are popular with the after-work crowd (with complimentary open bar for guests between 5 and 6 pm daily), though later in the evening both the restaurants and the neighborhood tend to get quiet. Still, during the day, the location can't be beat, with Fifth Avenue and Times Square equidistant from the front door.
- Address: 40 W. 40th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10018 | Map It
- Phone: 212/869–0100; 877/640–9300
- Website: www.bryantparkhotel.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M to 42nd St.; 7 to 5th Ave.
- Location: Midtown West
- 112 rooms, 116 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more