- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Bryant Park Hotel
At a Glance
- gorgeous building
- fashionable crowd and setting
- across from Bryant Park
- Cellar Bar frequently booked for events
Check Rates from our Partners
Bryant Park Hotel Review
A New York landmark in brown brick that towers over the New York Public Library and Bryant Park, this sleek hotel is still a Midtown hot spot. There are lots of over-the-top design elements, such as padded leather headboards with decorative bolster pillows, marble bathrooms with a rainfall showerhead and Molton Brown products, and "adult toys" available from guest services. Despite the trendiness, the rooms themselves are actually bigger than average, though lower floors tend to be a bit dark and don't have great views. Both the Koi restaurant and Cellar Bar are popular with the after-work crowd (with complimentary open bar for guests between 5 and 6 pm daily), though later in the evening both the restaurants and the neighborhood tend to get quiet. Still, during the day, the location can't be beat, with Fifth Avenue and Times Square equidistant from the front door.
- Address: 40 W. 40th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10018 | Map It
- Phone: 212/869–0100; 877/640–9300
- Website: www.bryantparkhotel.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M to 42nd St.; 7 to 5th Ave.
- Location: Midtown West
- 114 rooms, 14 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
Heading up to NY next month just a month off of knee surgery. Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more