- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
One UN New York
At a Glance
- unbeatable East River and city views
- good value
- great front-door and bell staff
- a walk to the subway
- pricey Internet access
Check Rates from our Partners
One UN New York Review
In a sky-high tower near the landmark United Nations building, the ONE UN New York starts on the 28th floor, offering fabulous views—ask for a room facing west, toward Manhattan's skyline—and a multilingual staff that caters to a discerning clientele including heads of state. The serene rooms are warmly lit with pops of soft orange against neutral furniture. Excellent amenities include the 27th-floor pool and health club with dazzling views, the only indoor tennis court in a New York hotel, and a convenient coffee bar serving Italian Illy products. Service throughout is first-rate, though the common areas have seen better days.
- Address: 1 United Nations Plaza, at E. 44th St. and 1st Ave. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/758–1234; 866/866–8086
- Website: www.millenniumhotels.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, 7, S to 42nd St./Grand Central.
- Location: Midtown East
- 439 rooms, 34 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more