- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
One UN New York
At a Glance
- unbeatable East River and city views
- good value
- great front-door and bell staff
- a walk to the subway
- pricey Internet access
Check Rates from our Partners
One UN New York Review
In a sky-high tower near the landmark United Nations building, the ONE UN New York starts on the 28th floor, offering fabulous views—ask for a room facing west, toward Manhattan's skyline—and a multilingual staff that caters to a discerning clientele including heads of state. The serene rooms are warmly lit with pops of soft orange against neutral furniture. Excellent amenities include the 27th-floor pool and health club with dazzling views, the only indoor tennis court in a New York hotel, and a convenient coffee bar serving Italian Illy products. Service throughout is first-rate, though the common areas have seen better days.
- Address: 1 United Nations Plaza, at E. 44th St. and 1st Ave. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/758–1234; 866/866–8086
- Website: www.millenniumhotels.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, 7, S to 42nd St./Grand Central.
- Location: Midtown East
- 439 rooms, 34 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more