Nightlife & the Arts in New York City
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Nightlife & the Arts in Chelsea
The drag shows are what lure a mostly male crowd to this cute...
Big Apple Ranch
Taking Brokeback Mountain style to the dance floor, the Ranch...
Gotham Comedy Club
This 10,000-square-foot club—complete with a chandelier and roomy...
Gym Sports Bar
At New York's first gay sports bar, the plentiful flat-screen...
Writer Sebastian Junger (The Perfect Storm) is one of the owners...
In a former Art Deco movie house in Chelsea, the 472-seat Joyce...
Formed in 1971 and housed in its current location, a former ice...
Vintage Italian posters, international magazines for browsing...
New York Live Arts
Formerly the Dance Theater Workshop, this Chelsea space teamed...
Vibrant musical theater pieces for kids are performed by all-kid...
Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre
Raucous sketch comedy, audience-initiated improv, and classic...
Browse All New York City Nightlife
- Coney Island and Brighton Beach
- Downtown Brooklyn
- East Village
- Financial District
- Flatiron District
- Greenwich Village
- Lower East Side
- Meatpacking District
- Midtown East
- Midtown West
- Park Slope and Prospect Heights
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's