- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Making the Most of Your Time
Most people think of Midtown as Times Square, but there's a lot else going on here. The Museum of Modern Art is one of the big blockbusters here, and you might also want to make time for the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum and maybe a stroll through Bryant Park.
Times Square is almost always a frenetic mass of people, staring up at the lights and the giant televisions. If you're in a hurry to get somewhere, try to avoid walking—or cabbing—through here. If you want to experience the thrill of thousands of racing workaday suits, though, visit Rockefeller Center at rush hour on a weekday. If you're staying in Midtown, you can take advantage of the prime location and rise early to be first in line at landmarks, museums, or the TKTS booth for discount day-of theater tickets.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe