- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Making the Most of Your Time
The east side of Midtown is somewhat more laid back than the west side, but there's still lots to keep you busy. Wherever you're headed, try to make sure you at least pass through Grand Central—it'll be a madhouse on weekday mornings or right after work, and extremely quiet on the weekends, so you might want to visit on a weekday afternoon.
If you're planning to visit the Empire State Building, try to do so either early or late in the day—morning is the least crowded time, and late at night the city lights are dazzling. Allow at least two hours for your visit if you plan to visit the observation deck.
It's also worth making time for a visit to the United Nations for a tour of the building.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe