- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Making the Most of Your Time
Visit the Financial District during the weekend and you might feel like a lone explorer in a canyon of buildings, and even weeknights the neighborhood largely shuts down after about 6. Weekdays, however, the sidewalks bustle so much that you can expect to be jostled if you stand still too long. End your visit by watching the sunset over the Hudson River.
The sights of the New York Harbor are some of the most quintessential of New York, but be prepared for long lines for Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, especially on the weekends. TriBeCa is one of the quieter neighborhoods in Manhattan, being mostly residential. There are some pleasant shops and restaurants but the neighborhood tends not to be a tourist attraction, unless the film festival is going on.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's