New York City Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Cool Local Chains
New Yorkers in the know hit these fabulous local chains for unique frocks and the best of the city's one-stop-shopping.
Calypso St. Barth. Catch an instant island-vacation vibe from Calypso's colorful silk women's wear, dangly jewelry, and boho housewares at the brand's New York flagship, which has a suitably beachy vibe (check out the shell chandeliers). There are multiple branches throughout the city with different themes, including an outlet on Broome Street. 900 Madison Ave., between E. 72nd and E. 73rd Sts., Upper East Side, New York, NY, 10021. 212/535-4100.
Ricky's. Loud and fun, these drugstores sprinkled around the city attract a young, eclectic crowd who come just as often for the crazy-color wigs as they do for Dove body wash and toothpaste. But if you're feeling spendy, high end haircare and makeup is also sold here. Every fall the stores turn into Halloween Central, with a huge assortment of costumes referencing everything from Avatar to Jersey Shore. 375 Broadway, TriBeCa, New York, NY, 10013. 212/925-5490. www.rickysnyc.com.
Scoop. If you want to look stylish without trying too hard, come here to stock up on jeans (Levi's, Citizens of Humanity), slinky tops, vintage-looking tees, and cozy knits from designers like Stella McCartney, Theory, and Halston Heritage. Other locations in the city feature menswear. 473-475 Broadway, between Broome and Grand Sts., SoHo, New York, NY, 10014. 212/925-3539. www.scoopnyc.com. Subway: 6 to Spring St.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $298-$335 -- NYC: Weekends at Stylish Midtown Hotel, 20% Off Sofitel New York
- $179 & up -- NYC Marriott Hotels thru August, 35% Off Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $48.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off — $204-$228 InterContinental New York Barclay