- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cupsogue Beach County Park. This 296-acre barrier-beach park on Moriches Inlet has lifeguards from late May to early September, a 1-mi stretch of white-sand beach, a snack bar, restrooms and showers, and a first-aid station. Outer-beach camping and saltwater fishing are permitted away from swimming areas. West end of Dune Rd., Westhampton Beach, NY, 11978. 631/852-8111 park; 631/288-7670 snack bar. www.co.suffolk.ny.us. $10 (May-Sept.). Daily 8:30-4:30.
Lashley Beach. A secret spot for locals and surfers, this is a pristine white-sand beach with parking, showers, restrooms, and lifeguards (on duty weekends 10-5 from mid-May to mid-June and daily 10-5 from mid-June through Labor Day). Dune Rd., Westhampton Beach, NY, 11978. 631/288-6306. Seasonal nonresident permit $225.
Rogers Beach. Parking is by village permit only at this white-sand beach. In addition to a lifeguard (on duty weekends 10-5 from mid-May to mid-June and daily 10-5 from mid-June through Labor Day), there's a pavilion with showers and restrooms. Beach La., Westhampton Beach, NY, 11978. 631/288-6306. Seasonal nonresident permit $225.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $108.56 & up : Full Size rentals in East Hampton Hotwire
- $94.28 & up : Midsize rentals in East Hampton — $95 Hotwire