- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cupsogue Beach County Park. This 296-acre barrier-beach park on Moriches Inlet has lifeguards from late May to early September, a 1-mi stretch of white-sand beach, a snack bar, restrooms and showers, and a first-aid station. Outer-beach camping and saltwater fishing are permitted away from swimming areas. West end of Dune Rd., Westhampton Beach, NY, 11978. 631/852–8111 park; 631/288–7670 snack bar. www.co.suffolk.ny.us. $10 (May–Sept.). Daily 8:30–4:30.
Lashley Beach. A secret spot for locals and surfers, this is a pristine white-sand beach with parking, showers, restrooms, and lifeguards (on duty weekends 10–5 from mid-May to mid-June and daily 10–5 from mid-June through Labor Day). Dune Rd., Westhampton Beach, NY, 11978. 631/288–6306. Seasonal nonresident permit $225.
Rogers Beach. Parking is by village permit only at this white-sand beach. In addition to a lifeguard (on duty weekends 10–5 from mid-May to mid-June and daily 10–5 from mid-June through Labor Day), there's a pavilion with showers and restrooms. Beach La., Westhampton Beach, NY, 11978. 631/288–6306. Seasonal nonresident permit $225.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's