Hildreth's is more than a store; it's a piece of history. In 1842 it started as a general store stocked with such goods as flour, wheels of cheese, salt, and fruits, delivered by merchant ship via Sag Harbor and carted here by horse and wagon. Today visitors will find the latest in home furnishings, bedding, accessories, and gifts, as well as children's furniture, toys, and sweet baby clothes. An outdoor patio store is located just down the road at No. 15.