- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The area's many protected waterways, including Cold Spring Pond and Peconic Bay, are popular with windsurfers and kiteboarders. You can rent gear or bring your own. If you rent, experts will assess your ability, steer you to an appropriate spot, and haul the equipment there and back. Instruction is also available; the cost for two hours on the water runs about $40 with rentals, $85 for a full day.
Windsurfing Hampton, Inc., a premier, full-service sailboarding shop, has windsurfing and kiteboarding equipment, stand-up paddle, kayak, and Sunfish rentals, lessons with certified instructors, demo clinics, and swap meets. 1688 North Hwy., Rte. 27, Southampton, NY, 11968. 631/283–9463. www.w-surf.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe