- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The North Ferry and the South Ferry service Shelter Island from Long Island's North and South forks. The North Ferry, which leaves from Greenport, is the best way to get to the Chequit Inn and other places in Shelter Island Heights from the North Fork. The fare is $9 one way for a car and driver, and a same-day round-trip is $13. The South Ferry leaves from Sag Harbor; the fare (cash only) is $7 one way for a car and driver, and a same-day round-trip is $8. On both ferries, pedestrians and additional car passengers pay $2 each way. North and South ferry lines are prone to backups on summer weekends, in both directions.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's