- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fluke, flounder, striped bass, and skate are some of what you might catch in these parts. Guides and full- and half-day captained charters are available; a half day for two anglers costs about $325. Jack's Marine & True Value Hardware offers transient mooring and a marine-supply store, paints, toys, and summer goods. Bridge St. at Rte. 114, Shelter Island, NY, 11965. 631/749-0114.
Light Tackle Challenge conducts full- and half-day sportfishing trips for striped bass and bluefish. 91 W. Neck Rd., Shelter Island, NY, 11965. 631/749-1906.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe