- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ram's Head Inn
At a Glance
- hotel pick-up at the Shelter Island Ferry House
- located in remote section of the island and not within walking distance to stores or restaurants
Ram's Head Inn Review
At this 1929 colonial-style inn, Adirondack chairs are scattered across lawns sloping down to Coecles Harbor. The secluded spot at the end of Ram Island has a small beach for swimming (bring insect repellant) or sailing. Rooms, furnished in a simple country style, are bright; they often book up months ahead of time. The restaurant is known for its outstanding seasonal fare. Jazz musicians play during Sunday brunch, served late May to late October.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A little history
Back in the day, (I say that because I’d rather not think of just how long it’s been) I was going to New York regularly for work. Read more
Warning - this is pretty long!
My sister (60, from Rhode Island) and I (56, from Florida) decided it would be fun to spend Memorial Day weekend in New York City, specifically in Manhattan. She had bee Read more
Me and my wife are planning to visit USA on August, and trying to build 8 days round trip from NY by car that will include Niagra Falls and Toronto.
We are looking for a nice combination o Read more
· News & Features
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more