- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Garden City Hotel
At a Glance
- on-site hair salon
- directly across the street from the LIRR train station, making it perfect for carless travelers
- many large wedding parties
Check Rates from our Partners
Garden City Hotel Review
Outstanding service and stylish interiors are two high points at this luxury hotel, in operation since 1874. The complex has several buildings; the newest was completed in the 1980s. Charles Lindbergh, who slept here the night before his transatlantic flight, is one of the hotel's many illustrious guests. The Polo Restaurant, a popular special-occasion venue, serves refined American fare with contemporary touches.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more