- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
The prominent 19th-century poet, civic leader, and newspaper editor William Cullen Bryant lived in this house, built in 1787 by Quaker farmer William Kirk, from 1843 until his death in 1878. Bryant purchased the house as a rural retreat where he could work on his poetry and indulge his love of nature. He renovated and enlarged the original farmhouse, and planted exotic trees and flowers on the grounds, transforming the estate into a horticultural showplace.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
anyone recommend a good private driver who can do airport pick ups and drop offs to JFK and EWR. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more