- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Walt Whitman Birthplace State Historic Site & Interpretive Center
Walt Whitman Birthplace State Historic Site & Interpretive Center Review
This was the boyhood home of Walt Whitman, one of America's greatest poets. A typical example of native Long Island craftsmanship of the time, the snug house, built by the poet's father circa 1819, has survived virtually intact since the Whitmans left it in 1823. Whitman portraits, letters, and manuscripts are on display. The home is off Route 110, across from Walt Whitman Mall.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Hi We're visiting New York from Australia for the first time in June 2014 and we need advice as to where to stay. Read more