The society operates several local historic sites and museums, all near stately Main Street. The society's headquarters are in the circa-1740 Osborn-Jackson House, a period museum. The 1784 Clinton Academy (tours scheduled upon request) was the town's first preparatory academy for young men and women. Dating from approximately 1731, Town House is the only remaining town government building from colonial times. It's also the oldest surviving one-room
schoolhouse on Long Island. The circa-1680 Mulford Farm, complete with a farmhouse and barn, hosts several wonderful programs each year, including a Colonial Kids Club, A Day in 1776, and various colonial reenactments. Each year, the farm plants Rachel's Garden with heirloom flowers and vegetables. The Marine Museum has three floors of exhibits devoted to East Hampton maritime history, including the eerie Shipwreck Hall. Call the society or visit the Web site for a complete list of activities at all the sites.
101 Main St., East Hampton, New York, 11937, USA