- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- myriad sport facilities
- not close to beach
- hotel is very spread out and requires long walks to get around
Montauk Manor Review
The sprawling, family-friendly "American castle" has views of the bay and myriad amenities. The Tudor-style Manor, built in 1927 as a luxury resort, is now a condominium, so each unit is decorated differently. Most units are bright and have contemporary furnishings; some have loft bedrooms with skylights, patios, or balconies. Jitneys take you to the beaches, and beach passes are available. The restaurant, Breakwater Café, offers New American fare accented with Japanese dishes and flavors.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more