- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Miss Amelia's Cottage and Roy Lester Carriage Museum
Miss Amelia's Cottage and Roy Lester Carriage Museum Review
Built in 1725 and full of beautifully preserved colonial antiques—including a collection of rare Dominy furniture—the museum contains artifacts and exhibits illustrating Amagansett life from the colonial period through the 20th century. On summer weekends, pony rides are given on the museum lawn from 10 to 2, and twice during the season there are huge antiques sales full of local treasures. In a barn to the rear of the property is the Roy Lester Carriage Museum, which displays locally made horse-drawn carriages.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Hi We're visiting New York from Australia for the first time in June 2014 and we need advice as to where to stay. Read more