- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
One of five major beaches in the township of Huntington, Asharoken Beach stretches for 535 feet along Long Island Sound. Asharoken Rd., Northport, NY, 11768. 631/261–7574; 631/351–3089 off-season. Parking $15 Memorial Day–Labor Day. Daily 9–7:30.
Lifeguards are on duty 10–6 daily at Crab Meadow Beach. Basketball and volleyball courts, a playground, a restaurant, a snack bar, a boardwalk, outdoor showers, and an aid station are set along 1,000 feet of beachfront on Long Island Sound's Northport Bay. 447 Waterside Ave., Northport, NY, 11768. 631/261–7574. Parking $15 Memorial Day–Labor Day. Daily sunrise–sunset.
On Huntington Bay, Hobart Beach offers 1,725 feet of shore plus a playground and three boat ramps. Eatons Neck, off Asharoken Ave., Northport, NY, 11768. 631/261–7574; 631/351–3089 off-season. $15 Memorial Day–Labor Day. Daily 9–7:30.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's