- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The 18-hole, par-72, Robert Trent Jones–designed golf course at Montauk Downs State Park is one of the top public courses in the nation. Club and cart rentals, instruction, a driving range, a putting green, and a restaurant are available. Greens fees are $30–$36 for New York residents and $60–$72 for nonresidents. Call at least a week in advance in summer to reserve tee times. The Downs is off West Lake Drive, near the harbor. 50 S. Fairview Ave., Montauk, NY, 11954. 631/668–5000; 631/668–1234 reservations.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe