- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gin Beach. On Block Island Sound, this beach east of the jetty has calm water and sparkling clean sand—perfect for families with little ones. You can watch the boats go in and out of the harbor all day. There are public restrooms, a snack trailer, and outdoor showers. Lifeguards are on duty Memorial Day to early September (weekends only from May to late June and after Labor Day). A resident permit is required for parking. End of East Lake Dr., off Montauk Hwy., Montauk, NY, 11954. 631/324–2417. Free (resident pass required for parking).
Kirk Park Beach. This sandy, clean, protected ocean beach has a picnic area across the street; public restrooms are in the parking lot. Lifeguards are on duty Memorial Day weekend through late September (weekends only from late May to June 20 and Labor Day to the end of the season). Montauk Hwy. near IGA supermarket, Montauk, NY, 11954. 631/324–2417. Parking $10 (Memorial Day weekend–late Sept.). Daily dawn–dusk.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe