Long Island Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Long Island Hotel Reviews
More than 340 lodging properties across Long Island—chain hotels, oceanfront condos, cottages, and bed-and-breakfasts—provide close to 15,000 rooms. Most resort-town lodgings are booked far in advance in summer, but occasional cancellations mean you can sometimes travel on a whim. In beach areas, many lodging properties offer their guests day-use beach passes, giving you access to sandy stretches reserved for residents. Some places on Fire Island and on the North and South forks institute three-night minimums during the peak season. Island real-estate agents have listings for seasonal and weekly rentals, and local chambers of commerce can point you in the right direction for a place to stay. Parking is typically free at all hotels unless otherwise noted.
Browse Long Island Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's