- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The popular Eisenhower Park has three regulation 18-hole courses, a 300-yard driving range, and a restaurant, all open to nonresidents. The Red Course, originally designed by Devereux Emmet, is the longest of the three (6,756 yards) and is considered the most challenging. The Blue Course and the White Course were designed by Robert Trent Jones. Red Course greens fees are $52–$60 for nonresidents; greens fees for the other two are $50–$60. (Fees are lower in winter.) All are open daily year-round, weather permitting. Hempstead Tpke., East Meadow, NY, 11554. 516/572–0327 information; 516/542–4653 tee times. www.nassaucountyny.gov.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's