- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Cold Spring Harbor State Park. Great horned owls and red-tailed hawks are among the many birds that make their home in this 40-acre park overlooking Cold Spring Harbor. The bird-watching is particularly good during the spring and fall migrations, and there are trails for hiking in warm weather and cross-country skiing in winter. Rte. 25A, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, 11743. 631/423-1770. Free. Daily sunrise-sunset.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $94.28 & up : Midsize rentals in East Hampton Hotwire
- $108.56 & up : Full Size rentals in East Hampton — $109 Hotwire