Midway between Rhinebeck and Hyde Park is Staatsburg, a small town surrounded by soft hills overlooking the Hudson River. The main attraction here is the Staatsburg State Historic Site, of which the old Mills Mansion is the centerpiece. You may hike or stroll the estate grounds, which offer stunning Hudson River views.
Elsewhere in Hudson Valley
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's