- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Visitors to the capital region should find it quite easy to navigate. The New York State Thruway connects downstate to upstate via its branches: Interstate 90 east and Interstate 87 north and south. Troy is located just north of Albany off Interstate 87, while Schenectady can be reached just west of Albany via Interstate 90. Amtrak also makes the region accessible, as the train stops in Schenectady, Albany, and Rensselaer to the east. Albany International Airport is a major air-travel hub that offers rental cars and bus service.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's