- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At the Saratoga National Golf Club, the 2½-story Victorian-style clubhouse and mile-long access road edged with ponds and stone walls gives the impression of an exclusive private club. But the 18-hole course, built on 400 acres of hills and wetlands in the style of the 1920s and '30s, is open to anyone willing to pay greens fees that range from $120 to $185. 458 Union Ave., Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866. 518/583–4653. golfsaratoga.com.
Saratoga Spa Golf, a public 18-hole course in Saratoga Spa State Park, has a championship layout. Weekend greens fees of $25 make it a good value. Saratoga Spa State Park, 60 Roosevelt Dr., Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866. 518/584-2008. www.saratogaspagolf.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe