- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Glimmerglass Opera Review
Area opera devotees staged a performance of La Bohème at the local high school in 1975. Twelve summers later the company they went on to form was successful enough to merit its own space. In 1987 the Glimmerglass Opera held its first production in the 900-seat Alice Busch Opera Theater. The company presents four operas during its July–August season. Picnics on the grounds are a good way to spend time before a performance. Tickets are $28–$92 weekdays and $56–$100 weekends.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more